Planning a Funeral, Celebration of Life or Memorial service? Here is a checklist of ten items to consider for a memorable day. Save yourself some time and order items online via Amazon or Etsy.
- Basket for Sympathy Cards
- Guest Book or Share a Memory Cards and pens
- Reserved Signs (first 2 or 3 rows for family)
- Sturdy Easels (standing and/or table) for Photos
- Memorial Keepsakes for Guests – Angel pocket tokens, bookmarks, flower seed packets, favorite candies, etc. Search online for: Memorial Keepsakes, Favors or Giveaways.
- Tissues – small packets or boxes for each row or table.
- Bottles of water and/or umbrellas (for outdoor services on a hot or rainy day)
There are lots of people who will say, “Let me know if there is anything I can do.” Give them this checklist and thank them for handling the details for you. Grief can be exhausting and making one more decision may be one too many that day. Be kind to yourself and accept help during this difficult time.
Another creative resource for you – 100 Best Celebration of Life Ideas.
- Anita Larson is a Ceremony Leader and Officiant who blogs about her experiences with Celebrations of Life. Providing uncommon ideas and encouraging her readers to “Think Outside the Coffin®” when planning a Fabulous Farewell.